Slideshow

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Toshiba Satellite M645-S4061 14.0-Inch

Toshiba Satellite M645-S4061 14.0-Inch LED Laptop (Fusion X2 Finish in Charcoal) (Personal Computers) 
I bought this on a lightning deal at a great price and was going to sell it. I opened it and that was the beginning of the end for me. I really liked the look of the computer, the display and the keyboard layout. I know one of the reviewers mentioned the Wifi issue but I haven't had that problem. I have had 3 Toshiba laptops and had great experience with all 3 (in fact, sold the 2nd one to help pay for this one!). I am a student and this computer works great for what I need. It is light enough for me to carry in my backpack to school yet provide good performance (although I wouldn't recommend this for gaming purposes). Not that this is essential, but the Fusion X2 finish is really sharp! Compared to my old laptop, the battery life is a step up, I'd say I average 2.5 hours on NORMAL use (not the "everything off and the screen as dim as can be while processing nothing" battery test that is quoted in reference to battery life).

Yes one more thing! The speakers are outstanding for a 14" laptop. My wife and I regularly stream music, and the speakers provide loud, "non-tinny" sound.

Quick update for a few questions I saw...I do not see my fan running all the time. The keyboard is not backlit, unfortunately. Here is a quick list of Windows Experience numbers:

Processor 6.6
Memory 5.9
Graphics 4.5
Gaming Graphics 5.1
Primary Hard Disk 5.6

0 comments:

Post a Comment