Slideshow

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Toshiba 32C100U 32-Inch

Toshiba 32C100U 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Black Gloss) (Electronics) 
This is my first HDTV, but not the first I've had experience with. I wasn't sure what to expect with it when I hooked it up but I am not at all unhappy with this television.

My main uses for this TV include:
HD Gaming (Xbox 360)
SD Gaming (Wii, PS2)
and DVDs

Usability:
The remote is easy to read and easy to use. It's far more streamlined than my previous television's remote and easy to get at what I want to. It's easy to set the Input channels: TV, Video out, Colorstream HD (the channel for the composite hook-ups), HDMI 1, HDMI 2, and PC. You also have the choice of 6 ways to display what's on screen, which is handy when switching between game consoles that are HD to one that is a bit older and displays in non-Progressive SD.

Screen Quality and Clarity:
The screen displays BEAUTIFULLY, crisply, and cleanly. The reaction time and contrast is very good just looking at it with a discerning eye. My HD video games play really well and whether I'm playing RPG's or a fast paced FPS games, everything comes out clear, crisp, and with no artifacts when the picture is moving fast. DVDs display sharply and clearly and I don't have to squint or toy with the contrast to make anything out, even in darker games or movies.
Another great thing about this TV is that you have to move at very odd angles, sometimes even almost completely facing the side to get a major loss in viewing quality. You don't have to sit straight across from it to get the only good picture, sometimes I sit on the floor a few front of the TV looking up at it and it's still clear and perfect. So if you're pressed for space like I am, this is a great TV.


Sound:
It's a bit tinnier than my previous set's bombastic sound but it's still great without an added speaker system. The volume is really good, and it sounds gorgeous for the sounds of my 360 games. With or without a home theater speaker system, it sounds fantastic.


All in all, this is a GREAT SET, doubly so if you are looking to have BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.
I am a regular DVD watcher and hardcore gamer and this perfectly suits my needs, as well as my family who just like to use it to watch television.

0 comments:

Post a Comment