Slideshow

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6088 16.0-Inch

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6088 16.0-Inch LED Laptop (Fusion X2 Finish in Charcoal) (Personal Computers) I think there needs to be a little balance to the first two reviews on here, which were obviously done by people who either had very unusual issues or aren't well versed with computers.

At $599 (after Lightning deal discount plus $100 Amazon credit) I couldn't ask for better performance out of a laptop. Performance for routine tasks is not noticeably different from my quad-core laptop with an i7 processor and 1 GB video card. For intensive multitasking it might not keep up, and it won't play demanding games, but if this is a concern you're probably not looking at an i5 processor with integrated graphics anyway. For most people no difference will be seen, as Windows normally doesn't give anymore processing power to a single task on a typical quad-core than it will give on an i5. The vast majority of the time my i7 never passes 20% of processor resources being used.

The only cons I've seen are:
1. The LED happy keyboard area (Fortunately these can be turned off under the eco settings panel.)
2. The placement of the touchpad. (I tend to rest part of my left thumb there, and I use the touchpad with my right hand. This can lead to crazy zooming in and out
with multitouch on, and no movement of the pointer with multitouch off.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment