Slideshow

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Toshiba Satellite C655-S5118 15.6-Inch

Toshiba Satellite C655-S5118 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers) 
Bought this as a lightening deal for $399 (plus tax... bummer). I'll admit, taking it out of the box I was a little disappointed. The casing is a textured dull black and feels like a cheap plastic to the touch. But, once I turned it on, I decided to keep it as the screen is incredibly clear and bright (which was a pleasant surprise as I was trying to hold out for a laptop with LED- this has LCD), setup was easy, pro-loaded software was great and overall everything runs very smooth. In researching the processor prior to buying it, this Intel is very highly rated to be in a computer at this price point and better than the processor in any other budget laptop I've been able to find. It comes preloaded with the Toshiba book reader program (essentially Kindle for your computer), Norton 30 day trial and basic Microsoft office. The 10 key on the keyboard is also very nice to have.

Runs very quietly as well, I can barely hear the fan even when it's on. It does turn on and off somewhat frequently, but it's so quiet I don't notice anymore. Haven't had any problems with heat either- the bottom of the laptop feels only mildly warm even after being on for a few hours. To summarize:

Cons:
Cheap feeling casing
Only 2 USB ports
No webcam
Speakers don't turn up very load
No LED screen (although as I mentioned above- the LCD looks great so it doesn't bother me)
No HDMI port

Pros:
Office pre-installed
Quiet fan
Fast processor for this price point
All programs run very smooth
10 key on keyboard
Built in wireless
PRICE

0 comments:

Post a Comment