Slideshow

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Toshiba NB305-N600 10.1-Inch

Toshiba NB305-N600 10.1-Inch Netbook (Blue) (Personal Computers) 
Dual core processor with hyper-threading. Much faster than the single core atom netbooks. I own a N255 as well as this one, and the NB305-N600 blows the N255 away. I have a 2GB Crucial memory stick coming this week, would have been nicer if Toshiba would have just had 2GB installed from the factory.

It's been a month since I have owned this netbook. I LOVE it, I use it daily now and don't even bother with my desktop anymore. It does everything I need it to, email, internet, itunes, pdf files, basic stuff. I installed 2GB Crucial stick and that helped quite a bit. Purchase the memory direct from Crucial... Amazon doesn't sell the right stick at this time.


The wireless N is great. No problems with it connecting, it does so very quickly too! Raise the screen/lid from hibernate/suspend/whatever, enter password, within 5-6 seconds I am online.


Be forewarned that Toshiba has a LOT of pre-installed software that is pretty much useless to most users. I plan to install a Intel SSD drive and full copy of Windows 7 in the next few weeks.


I am getting about 6-7 hours battery life, but I did increase the screen brightness to a realistic level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment