Slideshow

Friday, March 11, 2011

Buy Toshiba Satellite A665-S6055 LED TruBrite 16-Inch Laptop

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6055 LED TruBrite 16-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers) 
I am about to course a Master in Germany in Engineering, and I was looking for a laptop that could stand the exigency that a career in Engineering demands. This means, a decent video card (Nvidia 310) for my 3D modeling software, specialy Solidworks, a fast processor (Intel i5) por multitasking and calculations. And so far I can not complain, this laptop does all of these tasks very smoothly. But in particular, it is the new i5 processor what worths the money here. Believe me, if you are one of those like me that had a dilema between the cheaper i5, or put an extra money to get a laptop with i7, save that money, because i5 is more than enough for high speed demanding tasks (and remember I use engineering programs). I guess that if you are into multimedia editing of large videos and photos at the same time, then i7 would be your best choice. But for the rest 85% percent of us that will never take full advantage of this processor, it is just not worth it.

But I was also looking for a entertainment center for my 2 year academic program. This means, that I wanted something that could gather TV, DVD, Music, Nice resolution (1366 x 768, it is not 1080p, but you wont even notice), nice grapchics card and nice speakers in one laptop. And this Toshiba Satellite A665 S6055 does it all. DVD movies play very smoothly and vivid, plus the awesome sound coming from this pair of stereo Harman/Kardon speakers, which are very loud and crisp. I even use them as portable speakers to play my Zune thanks to "Sleep and music" feature.

Not to mention the design, limited edition because of the 25th anniversary. It is just beautifull and very stylish, less prone to fingerprints, the keyboard is great because the keys are a little separated one from each other and it is very confortable to type in. The numeric 10 pad is an useful add-on for a person like me that use numers the whole day. Windows 7 is a nice tool, I am just getting used to it, but certainly is so much better than Vista.

This A665 series laptop is so low priced, not because of lower performance, but because of lower hard drive capacity (who needs more than 285 GB?) and for having an Nvidia 310 instead of a 330M (If you are not a hard gamer, the 310 is perfect). So, for the price, this is an awesome entertaining/working laptop, REALLY fast, Big screen yet portable that I highly reccomend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment